Questions to ask before
Moving to e-invoicing
- Where are you currently doing business?
- Are there plans within your company towards moving to e-invoicing?
- If so, do they include managing regulatory compliance for e-invoices that incorporate VAT and or TAX?
- Who are your main suppliers or buyers and where are they based?
- Are there any corporate initiatives put in place for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement departments?
- What are the top objectives set out by your managers, directors, officers?
- Does your organisation have centralised TAX, Procurement, Accounts Payable/Receivable representatives? If NO, where are they located and do you have their contact details?
- Does your accounts department have a dedicated VAT function? If so, where are they situated and do you have their contact details?
- How is your IT department structured, regionalised or centralised? If regionalised which regions support which locations?
- How much VAT does your company report on and for what countries?
- What percentage of it is handled via e-invoices and by which country?
- Do you know your priority country/countries for an e-invoicing solution should you decide to implement one?
- How much effort does your organisation put into preparing for and executing regional VAT audits?
- What are the costs associated with this effort?
- Do you have difficulty carrying out VAT audits in some countries?
- Are you aware of any corporate directives for Procurement, Tax, and Accounting